View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Colonel Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter View Post
Expect the company to DEMAND higher and higher productivity, beyond any possible human level, until you break down, wreck your marriage/family and/or drop dead.

Expect them to terminate you, if you refuse to work sixteen hours a day, seven days per week, and/or until you break down, wreck your marriage/family.

Expect that if you drop dead from physical - psychological stress, it proves you are (BAD) unproductive workers.
oh man.

I'm facing this right now. I get calls from work nearly every weekand (mostly in the morning, a couple of hours right after I fall asleep) to call me in for a half an hour to set up a machine because no-one else in the shop bothers to learn how to turn 2 bloody knobs. Or how about the call in on a sunday morning, when I'm 30 miles away; all for a Pilot valve (ITS FOUR FCUKING BOLTS) And of coarse, the boss uses the other workers as an example - they all log in ungodly hours and are there every weekand; But he never has anyone to do my job.

...and then he wonders why I'm depressed. I'm the only one there with a desire to learn.

/rant.

I'm goona go read "The Jungle" again. It's been awhile.