Thread: good news
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
im just very nervouse about college zeroing in on my SAT/ACT scores and not noticing my 3.85 GPA, honors classes, AP classes, extra curricular, volunteer and my sports.. im not perfect but i work hard and do more than everyone else
i think the reason i have scored so crappy is because i get nervouse... aka test anxiety.. they make is sound like if you dont get a 1100 or higher your going to be working at mcdonalds for the rest of your life.

on the roofrack are you interested in it? cuz im bending up the conduit tomorrow
I may be wrong, but I think that your highest math and highest verbal are what counts in the score department. At least my daughter's school (U of Del.) looked at them that way. I guess that's to allow for "bad test days"

Your test scores are just one of the criteria looked at. High School grades and courses taken (AP, etc) and the reputation of your high school in getting students accepted to particular colleges also weigh heavily.

Extra-carricular activities are harder to judge and to give an opinion on.

If you have a burning desire to go somewhere, requesting an interview with a representative of the school couldn't hurt. It may put you over the top.

Good luck in your pursuits.
BTW: Are you still interested in the USMA?