View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:19 PM

Interesting....
I stated that the oil had been changed to 20/50 and sure enough the oil consumption went from a quart every 300 or so to a quart in about 1500 miles.
After my last post I did a 1300 mile trip to the Bay area from OC.
I set off from Orange County and the car was running rough.
Frustrated, I stopped in at a local Kagen Autoparts and grabs some new plug, and put them in ... the only had Bosche platinum 2's.
It didnt make much difference and the car grumbled and misfired all the way to Monterey......... It still did 21 mpg and I did that leg of the trip on one tank... 380 miles!
Here is where in got interesting...
As I said the car was a little unhappy all the way. When I stopped for gas, it refused to restart straight away. I spun the starter 3 times and it would not catch, on the 4th attempt I gave it a little gas, and it started but stalled as soon as I let it drop to idle. 5th attempt I kept it at 2000rpm for about 20 secs, then let it idle... it didnt stall, and I drove off. It continued as before grumbling and misfiring until I stopped for the night soon after.
Next morning it started instantly!
It grumbled until it was warm, then it ran PERFECTLY all day!
So for the next few days, that was how it was.... bad on startup and perfect when warm..
Driving around San Francisco in traffic, on a warm day it didnt miss a beat.
The only thing I did notice was a that the SRS light was flashing now and again.

When I got home it was running great!
I thought it would stay that way.... but now its running really bad again!
We checked the Voltage Regulator bushes, just for fun, and they looked fine.
Any other ideas?