View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 03:30 PM
What, Me Worry?

I happen to drive by it again today... It has 233k miles, and current owner (he claims about 8 months of ownership) says he bought it from the original owner. He claims it was the original owner's wife's car.
Not only will the hood need replacing, but the impact (supposedly with a large planter) also pushed in the radiator, and pushed the horn mounting screws into the condensor. It's going to need paint on the replacement hood, the right fender, and possibly door (long scratch). It started immediately and ran well, with just a little bit of wobble. Didn't hear any chain slap - so maybe it was replaced at least once in its life.

I think he decided that he bit off more than he could chew, and is asking $1500 for it - I think it "obo" offer is going to be used. All of the bundt rims are above average in condition - I couldn't decide which one was the spare rim.

The VIN, if anybody is interested: WDB1260441A007731

09 Jetta TDI
1985 300D

Last edited by Larry Delor; 11-05-2006 at 11:26 AM. Reason: added vin