View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't Tread on Me

Not sure about sat., but on cable you need to connect a digital optical audio out cable from the tuner box into your home theater audio optical in jack. Then connect your +/- speaker wires to your home theater speaker out jacks. Make sure you disable your built in TV speakers if it has them. I have 6 speakers, Left Front, Right Front, Right Rear, Left Rear, Front Center, Rear Center, and then the Amplified Sub Woofer. Each speaker needs to be assigned and then the audio speaker levels need to be adjusted individually for maximum surround separation, dependant on your listening location.

Hi-DEF? You need special video cables for that also. I spent $100+ just for the correct cables, gold plated of course. Same hookup idea, connect component video out on tuner to component video in on home theater, then component video out from theater system to component video in on TV. Using the correct cables is paramount for HI-DEF, digital audio, and use only high quality speaker wire, very important for sound quality.

Not really complicated, but you need to carefully study your Home theater setup instructions.

Last edited by 450slcguy; 11-04-2006 at 08:18 PM.