View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 02:12 AM
All-seeing, all-knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retmil46 View Post
Like I said before in another thread, no matter who wins on Nov 7th, on Nov 8th our guys will still be fighting in Iraq.

Gotten to the point I can't stomach the BS coming from either side.

I wanted to take the protest vote idea one step farther, and looked to see if any of the third parties listed in this state had platforms that I could vote for without holding my nose.

But it doesn't make any difference, none of them are going to be allowed on the ballot this time round. Last year the third parties won a lawsuit in state court that overturned the previous ballot law as being too restrictive and designed mainly to keep them off the ballot.

But earlier this year, the state legislature simply turned around and passed a new ballot law with even more restrictions than before, just weeks before the cutoff date for being listed on the ballot.

So come Tuesday, it's only going to be Dumbos and Jackasses on the ballot. And the districts are so gerrymandered that in nearly 50% of the "races" for the state house and state senate the incumbents, both Dumbos and Jackasses, will be running unopposed. That's not an election, it's a coronation.

The reason the legislature gave for imposing even more restrictions? They wanted to avoid a "crowded" ballot, saying that too many choices would be confusing for voters.

Yep. Right on all accounts.

Mike
_____
1982 300D-gone---sold to a buddy
_____
1985 300TD
270,000 miles
_____
1994 E320
not my favorite, but the wife wanted it

www.myspace.com/mikemover
www.myspace.com/openskystudio