View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 11:44 AM

Finally! Found some info on the vacuum change over valve for the climate control not the engine one. My interest is that I have '83 300d turbo that has the third version CCU good strong vacuum pump but no pod activity(even tho I tested them all as functional). I can at least confirm that the CCU puts 12 volts to the change over valve for the green line to the right most pod near the passenger A-pillar behind the glovebox. I first applied 12v from the radio red and black but I found that caused harsh switching. You can set the CCU to full AC and unplug and replug the switch harness from the CCU and here it click to let you know its doing something. I may have more issues with these change over valves but I found that my problem is somewhere near the firewall where the vacuum is divided between brown ignition hose and the central locks yellow lines. The line was purposefully plugged to the locks but I'm still not getting enough vaccuum for the pods. I may have an orifice looped in where the vacuum manifold input goes the switches too. More investigating is needed to get this working. I'd like to get my dash back in sometime before next year.