View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 12:28 AM

Yeah, thanks for the replies. I hate to sell it, but its not practical now for me to keep it. Luckily, it is a solid southern car, so hopefully that will be a good selling point. Maybe someone could use it for parts, but I would rather see it restored, or at least driven until it dies.

I was thinking of asking $1400 locally.... I could always come down on the price. I think I should be able to part it out for that. I think someone could spend $800 on this car- new timing chain, guides, etc and drive it for another 100K - I really do. Good transmission, good interior, dent free body, and other good parts and the engine still has life in it. I drive it daily.... it just has that unknown timing chain change issue and the engine ticks/knocks- and the occasional stalling when the engine is warmed up- which I think is a vacuum issue. However, after a year (of easy driving), it (ticks) has not gotten worse.

Hard to belive this car sold for $44,000 new in October of 1984.
Ew, I hate to sell this car, but I think I will probably have to.
NO room for my truck that is on the way.

If I did sell it- its not over. I would buy another Mercedes in a few years- when I had more room. Next time though, I would probably buy a 81-85 300SD / 86-87 300SDL, or perhaps a 86-91 420SEL.