View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 01:29 PM

Cool Lakeside Mercedes in SW and MBI Motors in SE

I first went to Lakeside near I-5/217... the owner is Mark and his shop is clean and well run. He charged me only $110 to fix my sunroof cable (last year I paid $650 to a shop in the Bay area for a new track for it)
next, I had an engine drip he fixed cheaply too..

then Lakeside quoted me $450 to fix a transmission drip at the cable... plus for that much he would service the filter/fluid... seemed high so I called Sig at MBI Motors and he quoted me $150 for the same repair.... go figure

At worst Lakeside is fair and does pretty good work, bit they are business and charge book rate x shop rate = retail price.

so I guess Sig is the man for me, (although I have not yet used him) since I value a buck so much... I just wish he was a bit closer to me (MBI is at 1309 SW Hawthorne/13th)

last item was to fix the blower regulator: Lakeside wanted $900 since I am to replace the blower motor, mounting bracket and regulator at same time... MB upgraded the whole system so you can't just buy a new regulator from them without upgrading the whole system. Option 1 is rig a 140 regulator to your 210 harness (works but it not for me) Option 2 is pay retail for all new MB parts ($900 at Lakeside) and Option 3 is $329 for a UTBoost (aftermarket part that you install yourself, and it can handle heat well) and then you don't need to replace the blower motor too... so that is the route I went