View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midenginev8 View Post
not saying its just you, its not. there are several others.
but it seems that many members of this forum really try to discorage others from enguaging in any kind of project that may possibly make the car a better performer.
Now its been made clear that these engines are very durable, its been made clear that that almost all diesel powerplants are making some seroius power with modifications.
Now why are other people, many MB owners themselfs saying its a bad idea to do something untraditional with a luxury car?
Imo if it has potental use it, or waste it. Im a motivated person who much like the engineers who devoloped these cars. beleaves, that if it can be better, make it better.

Or maybe im the only one that is willing to sacrafice some unneeded reliablity for enough fun factor to make you actully want to drive the car for its life? These cars are well known to go 500K now if i had to give up as much as half that to make it enjoyable for that period then im fine with it.
I was commenting on the adding of a intercooler or upping the boost WITHOUT adding more fuel only. I am all for adding HP and doing what you'd like to the car- it's your car after all. Connclark has a history of saying you can add HP by increasing boost- and it is perhaps true in gasser theory- to the tune of about 1.5%- or three HP, max. I was saying dont bother upping the boost or adding a intercooler without adding fuel if you are expecting a real HP gain- which means you have to adjust the IP. See post # 47's butt-o-meter findings...lol

Last edited by MTUpower; 11-11-2006 at 08:17 PM.