View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 05:31 PM
dieselarchitect

first, dont get me wrong. i like the gto. and i agree totally the old ones were just lemans with extra trim and a big motor. so the modern concept is true in that way. and i like the sneaky aspect of a kindof bland looking car that will simply blow you away with its performance.

as for a benz on the autocross, yes, they arent expected to be used so they arent classified in a way that they can really be competitive, but i have had a lot of fun with mine this year.

i wouldnt be surprised if the 300e would be competitive.

and it never fails that people are amused by me bringing a benz on a trailer with hoosier slicks.....as if i think it is a real race car.... a couple have commented and i just say, hey it is 22 years old, if i break something i dont have to worry how i will get home!

i am hoping to actually get something more appropriate over the winter to drive next year.

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.