View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 07:31 PM

more questions re my '85 300sd (w/ photos)

sorry for posting again, but i'm new to this - new to the point where its tough for me to search through old posts and find pertinent information by myself, as im not familiar enough with the car to decide what problems are similar enough to mine to be helpful. i build banjos, not cars... it will take a bit for me to catch on.

in any event, i have a few problems im trying to tackle on my car (1985 300sd, 306,000 miles). the first, as i have already posted, is regarding the locks.

problem 1) the drivers side lock will not lock when the door is open, nor will the key unlock the door. the only way to lock or unlock it is from the inside. however, i discovered that my vacuum system seems to work, as locking all the passenger doors also automatically locks the trunk. does anyone have any ideas as to what i might check on next?

problem 2) what the heck is this? i was searching for the rear fuse box in my trunk, and found this set of wires, two of which are cut, that dont seem to lead to anything. i also notice this bracket, which is mounted to the back of the trunk, seems to be empty... any ideas?

problem 3) my trunk is getting moisture in it. i couldnt help but notice that the area under the rear windshield looks like something raised from the titanic. is there some way i can cover this up effectively enough to stop water from coming in?

thats it for now. the car runs fine (converted to wvo), though i fear that, had i known better, i probably wouldnt have bought the car. i also need to have the shocks replaced, and the rear windshield is suffering from the dreaded delamination. which brings to mind... anyone know a good mercedes shop in the boston area? im not ready to tackle the suspension myself.

thanks!