View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned

Firstly, the winter fuel has definitely arrived and both the SD and SDL just got severely whacked on mileage. The SD has dropped into the 26's and, last night, I put 10 gallons in the SDL and it got 25.5. The guage was moving down so fast that I was dumbfounded.

So, nobody here in the NE is going to get anwhere near 30 until next spring.

With regard to the IP, I'd seriously doubt that that's your issue unless you've got a horrible idle and one plunger on the IP is non-functional.

Injectors can be a contributor, but, if one injector is not firing correctly, the fuel economy might drop 5% or so. It's not going to be the major source of the problem........if.........in fact it is a single problem.

I'd be more inclined to suspect IP timing. This procedure is fraught with risk in terms of getting it where it needs to be without error. The engine will idle perfectly smooth and will drive OK, but a little sluggish, but the fuel economy will be terrible.

What's it feel like below 2000 rpm? Perky.........or a bit doggy?

The SD picks itself up and goes.........I rarely need more than 2000 rpm.........except for the 3-4 shift when accelerating up to 55-65 mph.