View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Stella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselinBlood View Post
I've purchased a 1987 300TD wagon to restore. The engine and tranny run great. It has 112K with no smoke,or oil burning problems. I changed all the filters and took it for a 400 mile ride yesterday. The best I could get it to do was 75MPH on level road. I seem to have the pedal floored most of the time. Is this normal? I'm not new to MB diesel's having owned a 240D,300SD and 95 300 diesel. But this is by far the slowest. Its suppost to have the most horsepower. I took the Trap oxidizer off today thinking it might be plugged but there was no problem . It had been modified and the chamber was hollow - no restrictions. Any ideas? How do you know if your turbocharger is working without having a boost gage ? Thanks,Jim
Check your throttle linkages to make sure that a floored pedal moves the power lever on the IP to a full load position.

My SDL had a similar problem (same engine as the 87TD you have) when I bought it. One of the throttle pivots located under the intake had come loose and flooring the pedal only moved the IP about 50% towards full load.