View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAllison View Post
I would think the 3 senarios you outlined could all result in a bad spray pattern from the effected injector. I dont see how replacing the return lines could cause pinging.

Shoudl be able to find where the sound comes from by using a large screwdriver or wood dowel and listening at different areas of the pump, hard fuel lines or injectors.

You've fair number of miles on your 96, have the injectors been re-balanced since you owned the car? IP timing checked?
Problem with the screw driver method is it only pings at highway speeds I cannot duplicate the problem with the car sitting inthe driveway I have tried powerbraking and anything else you can think of. The car simply has to be under a load that cannot be duplicated sitting still. You are right I have not done anything to the injectors my theory is that it is the injectors making racket but I wanted to be sure that is the problem before I spend the $$$.$$ on having them rebuilt. I have not had the IP timing checked my indy repair shop and my schedules have not jived lately that is part of my plan though. Strange thing this noise has absolutly no effect on performance or idle quality.

Thanks for the thoughts.