View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Conservative Radical

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPokey View Post
This wasn't a standard tap. It had a hex head on one end and the rethreading cutter on the other. Not the usual square head that goes into a proper handle.

Here's a link to the set:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00942275000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Automotive+Specialty+Tools&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes
It seems to me that Craftsmen comes out with "gimmick tools" every so many years. The sockets with the plastic band around them with the sizes printed on the bands comes to mind, but because of the bands you could not get them into a tight hole.

But this set sure does look like the MAC set from shorebilly. But then again, if you look at the Klann spring compressor vs. the aftermarket copy they tried to make it look identical. I agree with Brian that the quality of the tools is not as good as it could be.

I know it is more work than cleaning up the threads of what you have, but I think you should replace the knuckle too. You know you have been wanting to do some suspension work and now is your chance.

1987 300TD x 3
2005 E320CDI