View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Humble Benzophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdoc View Post
My fuel lines are less the 2 years old but since i have just developed a leak at the delivery valves I will be pulling the intake manifold off to replace them and thought it would make sense to at least explore the possibility of replacing the o-rings on the plastic fuel lines while I am in there.

The lines themselves are probably OK since, as I said they were replaced early in 2005 but I would like the extra confidence of knowing the o-rings are renewed.

Here's my question - does anyone know the size/spec for those rings? MB only sells the lines with the fittings pre-ringed but I assume the o-rings are just a stock item...anyone got any ideas?
From ncof300d:
Hey,
Here are the o-rings sizes....

Snap-on Hose seals
O-ring
13mm OD
8mm ID
2.5mm thick

Shut-off Valve seal
O-ring
17mm OD
12mm ID
2.5mm thick

Your shut-off o-ring is the one that I had go bad about a year ago. The odd thing is that it did not cause it to run abnormal at any point....it was just hard to start after setting. You can purchase the o-rings from McMaster-Carr in Viton. Pricey, but they will last much, much longer. If you order today before 3pm you could have them by Mondady-Tuesday.
I am so glad that you found the problem. Wish I was with you to help share the frustration.....I know what it is like with these W210's
1982 320i