View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Klatta Klatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
from the closeup pictures of the old PC, it looks like you or someone pulled or tried to pull the PC with the GP still installed. my guess is the pc pintle ball fell into the cylinder and destroyed a valve or piston crown, and you will mostlikely need another engine.
John

Was in the middle of typing a reply to this and the computer died... bleh.

I did actually pull that PC out with the glow plug installed, but the glow plug was damaged earlier, and was already at that short length before the prechamber was pulled. I didn't feel any resistance from the glow plug when pulling the PC (to be fair I don't know if I would have with a good GP in there!)

Either way, the PC ball was removed with the old PC. Hopefully all the rest of the metal that is missing exited the engine in very very very small pieces. I will pull the PC again tomorrow and look around. During the first PC replacement the only abnormality I noticed was the indentations in the head where there were the undesired holes in the prechamber. I wonder if I can get one of those little 'dentist mirrors' to fit in the cylinder with the prechamber removed?

Nearest harbor freight is about 2+ hours away unfortunately. I don't imagine Autozone's has the right adapter, pressure scale, etc?

Thanks!!