View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
Brian, thanks for letting me know I did it correctly, that's good to know. Thanks for being such a great help on here.

The hose is the vacuum hose Performance Products sells. They are local here so I went and picked some up there instead of waiting to ship in some genuine Mercedes hose (and it's a rip-off at the dealer here). I believe the hose is actually for Porsche's but they told me it was the same size. I'll probably get some genuine Mercedes hose though and try it out. Although my fingers are going to hate me for doing it again. Which leads me to ask, if there an easier way to get vacuum hose on!?!?!? My fingers are all cut up and sore! Haha, it's in the name of stamping out a vacuum leak so I suppose it's worth it.

I figure I'll switch out to genuine hose, replace the 3-way and 4-way connectors and see what happens. Is there any reason to replace the tiny hard plastic lines? Mine seem fine.

Oh, so could me pulling on the lines through the firewall disconnect anything accidentally? I can't really tell what's going on back there.

Thanks,
David

OK, I wasn't familiar with them. If they fit well onto the Tecalan lines, I don't see any reason to use the dealer hose. If you really had to work to get them over the plastic line, then they do not leak.

Some of those 3 way and 4 way connectors may leak if they are original.

There is no reason to replace the hard Tecalan lines unless you break one of them (easy to do when they're 20 years old).

I don't believe that pulling a line through the firewall will have caused your issue.

With a leak that small, you're probably not going to find it without the use of a Mityvac.