View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:15 AM
ForcedInduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymbrymi View Post
Put in the new injectors, and actually thought to poke around at the prechamber ball and it was loose. The clank/clink noise was that ball bouncing around in the prechamber... Wanted to see if it would run decent enough for my brother to drive while we waited for the prechamber and tools to come in. Fired it up and it ran just a little bit better. Thought that it wouldn't be great for the engine, but would be alright for a few days. He drove it for about a week, after which I had second thoughts and parked it.

About another week later (this Tuesday) prechamber tools finally came in. I replaced the prechamber, GP, etc. I noted that the injector's pintle was still intact (was worried the bouncing ball would have damaged it). Fired it up with new prechamber and it ran WORSE!!! It knocked really really bad, smoked like crazy, and rocked really bad as well. I thought that it was just all the built up crap from that cylinder not being run for a week. So off to the italian tune up! The knock slowly went away, but the car never really go
All I can say is