View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 09:28 AM

Marty,

I am having the exact same issues you are having with my '98 E300D. My IP fuel leak and loss of performance started about 1-2 months before the official ULSD stickers went on the pumps, so I too am convinced that fuel is the issue for me as well. I replaced my fuel filter(s) about 8 months ago so I am hoping they are OK.

Have you considered cleaning the tank screen? I have always experienced a noisy idle at low RPM (< 1600) and have heard that the fuel pressure in the IP delivery system is pretty fussy and pressure wave in the fuel return line can cause this effect. I also have ordered a new belt dampener in case that is the culprit.

I have read some of your previous posts and I too am preparing for a delivery valve resealing with new O-rings and new crush washers so please post your experiences and any tricks you figure out along the way.

Did the new shut-off valve O-ring fix your fuel leak? Mine is still gushing after I replaced mine..

2006 E320 CDI (120k miles)
FOR SALE: 1998 E300 Turbo Diesel - Black w/Tan Leather - Euro delivery (236k miles)