View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott19_68 View Post
Quick question regarding my fuel leak: The vacuum side of my fuel delivery system is working great - no air bubbles getting in since it starts right up without stumbling. The weird part is that there is a constant leak of fuel from somewhere on or near the IP regardless of whether the car is running or the amount of fuel in the tank. I parked the car at the airport for a few days and there was a pretty serious "puddle" of diesel underneath the car. I'm fairly confident that the shut-off valve was higher than the fuel level in the tank and the puddle was too big to be from the spin on filter. Either way, the car started right up and I drove away with no stumbling! Any ideas?

I don't mean to hijack this thread but by the looks of it alot of 606 owners are having general fuel issues.
I am not that familiar with the 606 but does it have the fuel heater like used on the 603? If so that has been a source of leaks for some. If the area around the IP is clean its pretty easy to spot a leak. The delivery nozzle valve seals are often suspects on the later IP when the engine stumbles at a cold startup. I don't know why but the 617 engines seldom if ever have a problem with delivery nozzle valve seals.