View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott19_68 View Post
Yes, it does have a fuel heater but there is definitely no leak there on mine. It never stumbles on startup but the entire shut-off valve is completely covered with fuel after a few minutes on the road.
How much fuel do you consider "a good sized puddle"...it doesn't take much and it doesn't evaporate fast so it might have leaked out after you shut down and just sat there. Even an ounce or two of fuel can look like a good sized puddle...it's probably your delivery valves and shutoff o-ring which are leaking just like mine are. I plan on doing them and the plastic lines all at once when I get all the parts together. I just want to be done with it so I will do everything at once and won't have to face a leaky line in 2 months once those o-rings shrink a little bit more from the ULSD.

Funny thing, today my wife calls that she hit a curb about 40 miles from here and needed me to come and change the flat tire...I was a little reluctant about taking the E300 since I just got done "fixing" the filter yesterday but had no choice...so I drove it down and back with absolutely no problems at all...now I've put about 150 miles on it since the filter change so that confirms my clogged spin-on filter was causing all the performance problems, IMHO.

I want to also get nice cap screws to replace the MB crap that held on the shutoff...what length M6 caps did you get???

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz