View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW View Post
So how should I maintenance the transmission going forward?

Should I do another fluid and/or filter change soon?
If I change the fluid soon should I get an analysis does and if so why?
What type of fluid should I use? Note that I live in Phoenix, AZ
Is there any fluid I should NOT use basis on its possible condition?

REMAINING ISSUES:

1) Late to shift into 4th when tranny is cold. Once warm it shifts normal.
2) Occasional hard shifts both up and down shifts.
3) Very rare flares. These seem to be increasing as time passes.

Thoughts?

PaulW
Just follow the normal schedule. Change it again at 25K-30K. Changing it more frequently won't buy you anything.

Don't know the specification for the 602, however, some folks have claimed that Mobil-1 synthetic transmission fluid is the holy grail.

Don't use any fluid that is not specified for the vehicle other than the synthetic, which has proven to be acceptable.

A late shift when cold is something to ignore. You'll spend all kinds of time and money chasing this issue and it probably won't go away.

"Occasional" hard shifts point to vacuum that is too low. You can diagnose this with a vacuum gauge in the line to the transmission. If you have any vacuum leaks, the trans won't get sufficient vacuum and the shifts will be too firm.

If you have both hard shifts and flaring, this does not bode well. They are mutually exclusive in a properly functioning trans. You can increase vacuum to minimize the hard shifts, but the flaring will get worse. If the two problems are minimal, you'll need to live with it.