View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Sword of Damocles

From what I remember the 'three hole' injectors are 'short body' type...ie: the lower half is short.
The 'long' lower half injectors have one fuel entry hole...however there is only a difference in the amount of fuel injected if the pintal or delivery nozzel is bigger.
As long as the pintals are all the same part # the fuel quantity will be the same.

There are some injectors kicking around that fitted a OM352 truck engine that looked identical to the 240D and 300D injectors (123 chassis.) these have a larger pintal and they will make a 615/616/617 engines 'hammer' and knock and under load will overheat.

The OE pintal...spray nozzel should look pointed to the naked eye and stick out a little, not flat on the end .

Your 'pinging' can be caused by...chamber deposits...chamber ball missing or broken....over fueling...injector 'dumping' during delivery....over advanced i/p timing and high coolant temperatures and a few others.

First, check the i/p timing.

"A liberal is someone who feels they owe a great debt to their fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."