View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellington View Post
how exactly are the tires wearing? on the edges? on one edge more so than the other? are they scalloped or showing any feathering? how often do you rotate and balance them and what brand of tire are you running? how are the rears wearing?

for a car with your mileage it could be tie rod ends, loose wheel bearings, ball joints, control arm bushings, weak shocks, or a bad rack itself. at this mileage things wear out and a lot of this depends on how you drive.

please post more info and perhaps i can help
The front tires appear to be feathering on the outer edges. The front tires are Kumho Ecsta 235/40/18's (junk tires) mounted on 18x8.5 Brabus Monoblock wheels. The rear tires are 265/35/18 BFGoodrich G-Force KD's mounted on 18x9.5 Brabus Monoblock rims. The rear tires are nearly new and don't appear to show any abnormal wear patterns developing. This wheel/tire package was on the car when I bought it.

All of the suspension is still original equipment except for bilstein heavy duty shocks in the rear. I plan to install a set of H&R springs and Bilstein Sport shocks soon, but I'd like to replace any other worn parts first. I don't drive the car aggressively at all, but I do like the low, wide stance that the larger wheels and tires provide.

Do balljoints, tie-rods, steering racks and bushings commonly go bad at only 100k on all MB's?

Chris