View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 11:38 PM

AH! Join the club. My 1985 380SE does this too, but stalls when stopping, slow turns, or placing in gear when the engine is warm/hot. Its been doing it for a while.... does it worse in hot weather months. I have been told it could be the following..... idle control valve, vacuum line leaks, manifold gasket leak (GASP), etc.

I have given up on mine. One local MB repair shop said for me to check for airleaks with brake cleaner (on cold engine)... acted like they did not want to get their hands dirty on a 22 year old MB. Another I called said they charged $65.00 per hour and it may take hours to find out what is wrong. SO, I have given up. I have a bigger problem now anyway, as something blew out of my steering system and all of my fluid is out... to the "regular" shop tomorrow or this week sometime for that.... maybe they can find out why it stalls. However, the big problem now is that I have a rough idle when cold... it splutters and "chokes" itself. I get gassy smelling smoke and missing until the engine warms up... even then it still will occasionally miss when the gears change.

Sorry I could not be more help.... do a search on here. It seems to be a common problem, but I have yet to see a post on there that will tell you the problem. There are always answers like.... it could be "this", or "that", or "this", or "that", or "this", or "that", or "this", or "that"..... you get my meaning?