View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction View Post
That's the only thing I'd change on that list. I would MUCH prefer to see a click type torque wrench in somebody's tool box. It's more accurate, not much more expensive, it lasts longer, and you can set it to the exact torque you need instead of guesstimating what you are putting out. Just NEVER use it CCW, to loosen bolts, or as a breaker bar.
I bought a nice one from snap on. I know, expensive. but it torques accurately both ways, which is what I need for some machinery that my dad and I work on. if you can find one, the snap on techwrench is great. It's a load celeniod mounted in the handle. can be used both ways. besides, can you beat lifetime no fault warranty??? BTW, I avoid chinese made stuff too. Broken way too much of it while working on farm machinery.
I had a chinese made torque wrench, and twisted the shaft off of the turbo tha tI was rebuilding. damned thing refused to click.

Too many people tip toe through life, never attempting or doing anything great, hoping to make it safely to death... Bob Proctor

'95 S320 LWB
'87 300SDL
'04 E500 wagon 4matic