View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 AM

Well, I couldn't stand the suspense any more so I put on the coveralls and messed with it last night. The O2 sensor had absolutely no effect on the problem. I plugged and unplugged the wire several times with no change in the rough idle. I then decided to attempt a seat-of-the-pants duty cycle adjustment thinking that I could always reverse anything I did in that area. It took a bit to get a feel for the adjustment screw (I had a thread from this forum to reference) and I actually killed the engine a couple of times before getting the screw to index properly. About a quarter turn clockwise (richer?) smoothed it out dramatically. A couple of questions: Was this "the" problem or did my adjustment possibly mask the true problem? Is the screw typically difficult to turn? I haven't driven the car any length since the move but preliminary indications are positive. When I have more time I may get a meter so as to set the duty cycle properly. In the meantime I'll drive and enjoy and wait for the next crisis. Sure like the car but wish it gave me less trouble.
Thanks to all, especially Marty and have a great day.
Chuck.