View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselchatter View Post
Nate, Zack, Nick, et al:

Sure would like to join you again. Sacramento was a blast.

Please set final: date, place, and meeting time at your earliest as I must plan one or two hotel nights.

90 350SDL

Thanks in advance for a great time,
Hey Buzz,

If you are coming again, and want a convenient place next to the Frank Lloyd Civic Center, to stay, a suggestion I'd have would be to stay at the Friendship Villa Inn (used to be called the Villa Rafael) at 1600 Lincoln Avenue, it's just a mile or so away from the Civic Center and across the freeway from it, and the tariff is REAL resonable, last I heard about about $60 or so, it was family owned, and a Basque restaurant nearby, and the guest's cars are parked off the street where no one cdan see them, and you would be safe. My folks ALWAYS stayed there when they came down from the Sierra Foothills to see me in SF or my brother in San Anselmo...

See: www.tripadvisor.com Hotel_Review

(415) 456-4975 is the number I have for them, but it's an old number and should still be good

click "Villa Rafael" or "Friendship Villa Inn" I think they are one and the same

Another choice very close to the Marin Civic Center is the Embassy Suites, but it's a lot bigger and probably more expensive, don't know that much about it.

Or if you believe that "Life is like a voyage on the Titanic, so you might as well travel first class" you could stay in Sausalito, (other side of the Golden Gate bridge) at the Alta Mira or some other posh place there, some real good places to eat there.

If you get in a jam, RAB Motors on Francisco Blvd in San Rafael (you can see it from the freeway) see www.rabmotors.com for more, if you need them.
I haven't used them for anything for 2 years, and like any MB dealer they aren't cheap by any means, but they are generally (not perfect by any means) but pretty good...

It would be good to have you up in Nor Cal again, which one will you take this time?

Jim

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)