View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 AM

Okay. Here is a picture of the part of the oil filter housing that mates to the block. Notice how the three prongs of the valve protrude on this version of the housing. If one is not careful to lift the housing away from the block before moving it up or down, there is a good chance these prongs will snap off.

I have also attached a picture of a homemade special tool to remove the threaded part that holds the valve in place. I purchased a plastic valve handle, and drilled two holes to allow the rods (I grounded them off with a dremel tool) from the master link of the timing chain to fit in. I could have grounded down a socket or piece of pipe, but this seemed easier, less messy, and quite forgiving. The nice thing about the plastic handle is that it is durable enough to remove the threaded seal, but flexible enough to allow small adjustments to be made by squeezing the rods with pliers in case the holes weren't drilled exactly to match the holes on the threaded seal.
Attached Thumbnails
Broke two plastic prongs on oil filter return flow valve.  Ideas?-oilfilterhousing.jpg   Broke two plastic prongs on oil filter return flow valve.  Ideas?-specialtool.jpg