View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Geeeeenious

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcbenz83 View Post
very nice car. About the dash lights, either the bulbs are burned out, or more likley the rehostat has taken a crap, either case ur going to remove the dash which is pretty easy on the w123. u have a 616 engine.

with the scratch, try changing the fluid in the trans, Use either Auto trans fluid or motor oil. it is highly recomended that u dont use gear oil, however a couple people here have and not had any problems yet. maybe its a sticky syncro.. how many miles??
Thank you. The more I drive it the more excited I get about it. Anyway, yes I think replacing the rehostat is the first order of business. When I havee the cluster out I'll check bulbs and sockets. Right now it has 260k on it, but it might be off by a few due to the intermittantcy of it.

Thanks for the links everyone. Going to have to order the MB's CD so I can study the car. I also need to spend a weekend just crawling around it. The car was regularly serviced by an independent MB shop in Boise, but I have no idea of the credibility of their work. Seems to run fine though, but that could also be because of the precision craftsmanship of it. It IS a German car.

As for the Scout, thanks man! My other baby. I hope she doesn't get jealous of the NB. I'd hate to go out one morning and find her on top of the car.

My stable also includes:
2003 Honda Odyssey - Wife's van
1976 IH Scout 2 - SUV recovery vehicle
1967 Dodge W200 - The big block hauler (440/4sp.)
1966 Dodge D100 - The Redneck Racecar (440/727)
1925 Dodge Roadster - My electric car canidate

True health starts here