View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 01:40 PM

Advice about possible 1998 E320 purchase

Hey gang.

Well, I've already caught your Mercedes-collecting disease. I started reading this forum about 2 weeks ago and bought my first one last weekend (a 1980 240D). Now I'm going to look at another one. I love the 240 and plan to keep it, but have a Jetta wagon that I'm looking to replace. I saw this E320 wagon on Craigslist and am going to look at it this afternoon. The posting is below. Sounds like a good deal. In fact, it sounds a bit too good. The KBB value is indeed around $11,000. He sent me pictures of the dents and they are minor. Seems like knocking $5000 off for them is a bit much. I'm not complaining, of course, but it just makes me a little suspicious. What are your thoughts about this model in general and also about this particular one (I realize there isn't a whole lot of info in his ad)? What should I check when I'm looking at it?

Thanks much,
Flop

1998 Mercedes E320 wagon - $6000

Silver with gray leather interior. 110,000 miles and no mechanical issues, fully serviced and new tires. Small dent in rear hatch and both front fenders so I'm pricing to reflect the cosmetic issues. Blue book value for private party sale with the dents fixed is over $11,000. Email for more pics.

Features - Power sun roof, power seats, power windows, 3rd row seat, cd player, and traction control.