View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Just my Jeep and my S500

cdplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMILS View Post
Hmmm, very interesting. The "new" features you have are instrument cluster settings. Did you have the IC replaced along with the COMAND head unit?
No. But early in the investigation of the codes first found (with the old shift control unit) the mechanic had noticed in the instrument cluster the position of the gear selector was not illuminated. This was another intermitten thing I looked back in all the printouts I made during my shopping for this model, I also noticed some models were fully illuminated and a few were not.

Only after replacing a circuit board that controls this feature, did the gear indicator illuminate. No problems since.
My mechanic had the car, as I may have stated earlier, about two months.
During this time he put 178 miles on it.
The VMI report shows warrenty work for "Instrument cluster,electrical, was performed at 9/25/2003.
Also taken from Mercedes updated programming service, he discovered issues with the transmission control module caused by fluid debris falling into the selector box.
The first box was faulty. He had installed a new ignition switch too, but could not get the car started everythime. He said after 20 or 30 successful starts the car would not start.
After replacing the box, and doing another code search, he reported codes that had not been seen before the box change. As if the car was not able to report codes due to gummed up sensors or something.

Selling used Mercedes parts on Ebay...always changing...
cdplayer51 take a look!