View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Just my Jeep and my S500

Another W126 brake question

The brakes on this coupe seem to stop you on a dime with little foot pressure. Unlike my Jeep. However when you come to complete stop and with foot firmly on brake pedal, the car seems to waddle a little front to back. This is not a suspension thing. Looking out the door as I come to a stop and down at the tire the waddle seems to be the weight of the car rocking on a cushion of air(the tires). Like the tires are not firm enough (44PSI) to support the car. I have wondered perhaps that only the front brakes are working. So yesterday I decided to try something different. Since I will be getting new tires soon, I did a panic stop at about 40MPH. The front tires locked up. But not the back ones.
I have a vacation coming in a couple of weeks. So I will have extra time to hover over this issue. I have a new radiator,fuel pump,and accumulator to put in too.
Am I looking at a master cylinder problem,booster, or simply a bleed. The pedal is not spongy in any way. I feel as though I have all the braking power I will ever need.
Any suggestion greatly appreciated

Selling used Mercedes parts on Ebay...always changing...
cdplayer51 take a look!