View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM

4 Matic Valve, Load Level,

As im not in any way shape or form an educated person about such issues , i post these queries to hopefully shed light on my ideas and situations.

that said; it is my understanding that the only time when the load leveling system is required ie in use is when you vehicle load has been increased thus lowering you ride height, a lever on rear axle open passages to rear SHOCK and thus adjusating ride heght to normmal range Automatically , some cars i believe have a manual adjustment beside the headlight switch.

Through reading the owners manual and my discussion with various tech i have come to the pre posted conclusion and i am hoping to clarify hopefully for all those who have owned , do own , and want to own a 4 matic.

again i will state this is in hopes of prolonging transfer case lifespan on an old vehicle, suspension characteristics of this vehicle are still acceptable and ride is still nice with valve on , yet i am still hoping i can get someone who would have connections to hopefully track down the truth , will be buying a mb manual soon .