View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinthesun View Post
I own an 84 190d ,the 4 cylinder runs great but the vacuum pump has long gone.When test driving it last week I kind of found this out by emergency needs,the guy selling it failed to let me know. Ive gotten use to breaking hard and can live with that for the mean time its the turning the car off that im trying to remedy. The line from the key to the IP has been guided via anothe rhose up to my console and when I need to shut it down i pull vacuum with my mity vac. Vacuum doesnt seem to happen except in very small amounts,the intake is were you can get it from a gasser. I was considering teeing into the line right before the windshield wiper reservior,that has to create vacuum ,how much is the question.The car performs well just looking for a cheaper fix for now.
I agree with some of the others... this THREAD is too laid back... you should take your very real vacuum problem and make it the subject of a separate THREAD... one titled something like... Vacuum Shutdown Problem: YR/Model of car. While on the subject, also include the YR/Model in your signature, something like what I have shown a the bottom of this POST... AND don't forget to POST on this THREAD what the THREAD is that you stard
Regards,