View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Just my Jeep and my S500

cdplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigtime View Post
Wow, what a nightmare! Glad you got it home. Not sure how much you paid for the car but I'd be tempted to sell it and find a better car.

Good thing you've got your trusty 80's model SEC.

Bill
Thanks guys. The reason I posted my experience to such an extent was to inform anyone looking to buy such a model, to beware. Yes, as a repeat buyer, I would have to say no.
The older models such as my SEC are far less complicated and cheaper to maintain. Simply from the standpoint of a DIY individual.

But I really liked the S500 for it's style. And I blew my finances to get it.
I only paid $24,900 for the car. So with the repairs the car falls right into the ball park value for it's equipment and visually excellant condition. I am cool with that.
It's just that my knowledge base for research was not to the extent it is now.
So perhaps my post will help those, who like me, were uninformed beyond Carfax. Remember,in dire need of information regarding these models, I found this forum. Cool.
I know better now. I will keep the car since it's problems have been fixed.
I cannot afford to do otherwise. Sure there may be more but keep in mind my crappy extended warrenty company (Interstate) cannot claim the issues are pre-existing anymore.
And I still have three years to go or 20,000 miles before it expires.

I cannot stress enough for those shopping around, get a Carfax, and a VMI report to help fill the service gaps. Buy only a vehicle that has service receipts to back up the dealers claim. I had a hand full. But the VMI report filled in the first five years of the cars life for which I had no receipts.
I feel, but cannot prove, my dealer may have swapped suspension pumps just so I could get the car off the lot. Be it as it may, time will tell. Happy holidays

Selling used Mercedes parts on Ebay...always changing...
cdplayer51 take a look!

Last edited by cdplayer; 12-22-2006 at 11:46 PM.