View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Just my Jeep and my S500

cdplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
wow i'm sorry about your misfortune. as the saying goes, "the most expensive used car money can buy is a cheap MB". how many owners before you? i'd try to trace the history of the car carefully, was it stolen, salvaged or flooded? cars that come up at small indy dealer's lots are some of the worst cars no one else wants.

kudos to your persistence (and wallet) to spend $11Gs on repairs. i would've just gotten rid of it and swear to never buy another MB again if that happend to me.

i hope the car will be trouble-free from now on! keep us posted.
Information from Carfax shows the car to have had two owners before me. The car was a lease for the first 5 years 6 mos. Then it went to auction. The second owner bought the car from the same dealer I got it from.
Acccording to Carfax he had it only three months. I brought that to the dealer owners attention, but he told me the guy was having financial problems and had to give the car up. Hind sight . Should have picked up on that signal.(I mean lie lie lie)

The VMI report revealed the first owner had issues with the integrated phone, shift valve problems (transmission), the transmission control unit
(twice). A fault in the battery and the instrument cluster recall.
The second owner had issues with the gas tank sending unit, fuel pressure regulator, and three jump starts (dead battery).

Selling used Mercedes parts on Ebay...always changing...
cdplayer51 take a look!