Thread: CDI's
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinperkins View Post

hey you old men (previous comments), don't be afraid of technology, unless you're 80 years old, you're going to have suck it up and just be cool with the fact that complication does not equal evil.

100 years ago you all would have been *****in about these compression engines and how whacky they are compared to your simple little horse carriage.

I would give my 80 TD, my 86 VW and my 87 TD for a CDI wagon. Oh wait, that's not even close to enough...
I'm certainly not "afraid" of the technology. Personally, I build things that are more exacting than the CDI. And, I have no problem sucking it up and being cool with the fact that complication does not equal evil.

However, when it comes time to do the wrenching on the CDI, you've got to ask yourself a question? Who's going to do it? Do you really believe that you're up to that task? I can tell you that I'm not.

If you don't wrench on it, you're at the mercy of the dealer and it's going to cost you a small fortune.

Naturally, you can always lease it for three years and turn it in..........costs you about $20K for that privlege (not counting insurance).