View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
You are talking about 30% of U.S. oil consumption, not 30% of what is produced in the mid-east. These are very different numbers.
i am well aware of what i am talking about. and well aware of the two differences and minced no words with what i posted before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
The problem of foreign oil dependence could be cured, or drastically reduced, with domestic oil research and drilling.
thats not entirely true. with the known fields, we could only produce enough petroleum for a few years....20 at the most, if we continue the average 5% increase in demand per year. most of those fields are in the gulf. deep water is the most expensive to explore and test-well, not to mention the actual platforms and pumping them once they prove to be decent. several of the famed Jack2 wells were non-productive. oil too thick to pump from such depths, and several others from the same field were dry. this is Chevron's big answer to offshore drilling and the US reserves. at some point the amount of energy it takes to explore, drill, pump, transport and refine this deep water oil, will excede the amount of energy it contains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinperkins View Post
Brilliant. The state with the most amount of diesels wants to ban biodiesel.

I smell a rat.
i agree. the state with the city that has the WORST air quality, is wanting to ban biodiesel, but doing absolutely nothing about the rest of the pollutants. they are basically saying, "hey world, we are open for business...come build your polluting factory here." its so bad in houston that the EPA and federal organizations have stepped in and are setting mandates for Houston to clean up its air, or they will......and Houston will have to pay for it.