View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Marine Engineer (retired)

Mud tracks.....just the tip of the mess.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by retx View Post
i agree. i dont think they have ruined the scenery there in tucker county. maybe its because i know how good they are for us in the long run. i see them as beacons maybe? i dont know. probably the same people who didnt want hwy33 to continue on into canaan valley because it would disrupt the valley, are the same people who didnt want the windmills. and the same types that didnt want them in massachusetts. its funny, parsons, wv didnt think twice when a natural gas company wanted to come into the area (downtown at that) and crack for some gas. poor little town saw the measly $10,000 check and gave it two thumbs up. cant wait to go back for christmas and see an ugly well, mud pit, and dirty truck tracks all over town. i guess its, true, he who has the money, has the say.
They are drillin' all over the place for Natural Gas......I was just considering complaining to the Sheriff....to see if he would enforce the law and make the Gas Company (Dominion Resources) clean up the roadway....like they are supposed to.....

Oh, and to those of y'all who are unfamiliar with West Virginia.....the natural resources of this state were stolen quite some time back.....we even have a carpetbagger Senator named Rockefeller .....anybody remember who owned the original Standard Oil Co.??

SB

Diesels:
'85 300D, "Max, Blue Benz", 155K, 27.0 MPG
'84 190D 2.2, "Eva, Brown Benz", 142K, 40.2 MPG
'77 240D (parts car)
'67 Eicher ES 202 Tractor "Otto" (2cyl, Air Cooled, 30HP)
Gassers:
'94 Ford F-150, "Henry", 170K (300 Six) 17.5 MPG
'85 190E 2.3, 148K....Parts Car
'58 Dodge W300M Powerwagon (Flat Fenders) Less than 10 MPG