View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I ♥ German Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnowsquall View Post
Here is how I look at this. True zero feedback is risky, but it may be to someones advantage. Call this person up, you might find that they are a dealership and have a good reputation, point out to them all of the faults you guys are noting and then submit an offer. You never know, they may actually take $4,000 for it. Chasin, I think its great that you got 3 cars for $3,400, but if you had a rare car like an 87 300TD how would you list it on Ebay?

I thought I remember their name from somewhere, check out the other cars that haven't been sold, one is an older wagon:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=benz-depot&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1
If you've never listed on eBay, your ad would not be as "professional" (I mean that lightly) as that listing is. It would probably be total crap. Those people know what they're doing. You buy from a seller with ZERO feedback and you are just asking for trouble. Unless you guys defending this seller are associated with them, I don't see the point of your argument.

87 may have been the only year for the W124 diesel wagon, but they sure did import a lot of 'em. Considering how many I see for sale just in the Central Texas area on a consistent basis, it's a bit of a stretch to call one rare. The MkII Golf Diesel is much more rare, but I couldn't sell mine for more than $2k.

1987 300TD, 1987 300TD
2008 R32, 2000 Passat Wagon