View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:50 AM
1981 300 SD

I'm at work and I can't post a pic today, but here's how I did it:

I mounted the unit to the fender so it sits a little behind and above the glow plug reley. I fabricated my mounting bracket out of some heavy duty plastic with the help of a sabre saw and a heat gun. Somethng out of metal may be better, but this is what I was able to do at the time with what I had on hand. The unit just sits in a cut out in the plastic. This allows me to slide the unit and filter out of the bracket should I want to for any reason.

The unit I got has 1" inlet and outlet. I had to use a brass fitting that is barbed at one end to accept the fuel line and is 3/4" male thread at the other end. This threads into a PVC bushing that is 3/4" female to 1" male. The bushing then goes into the filter head.

I ran fuel line from the plastic pre-filter to the waterblock and then continued the fuel line out of the other side of the waterblock onto the pump.

I did this install at the beginning of December and I don't have any complaints yet.

1981 300 SD with a Goldenrod water block and Injetor line heaters. EGR is missing

1999 F-350 with HP X-over, Dahl 100 Fuel Filter, Coolant by-pass filter, CCV mod, Tymar intake.

Both on single tank WVO blend