View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Benz Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnauto View Post
Hey, I'm an indy shop. I understand what you mean about the smart comments towards the comeback cars...I had a boss like that a long while ago. BUT my shop is run by myself and my wife. 95% of my customers understand that I am a family business and it is my only source of income for my family. I don't give smart comments to the few comebacks. I'm borderline OCD and expect more from my work and my techs work than most of my customers expect from me. Also, two of my p/t techs work for MB full time. So, we are up to date on the latest models as well as the vintage cars from the 50's on up...and we are about $25.00 per hour less than the dealerships.

During the summer months, you can sometimes see my kids at the shop (my 8 year old daughter did a valve job on a 104 engine-not for a customer's car-don't worry) and I usually have BBQ's at my house and most of the guests are my customers. I am not your typical indy shop.

I use genuine MB filters and have the diagnostic tools to do the same repairs as the dealerships. I usually spend over $50,000 each year in updated tools, training, and other shop related stuff...most other shop owners would rather spend it on their boat or new car. Basically, I take what I need to live and invest the rest into my shop.
As for "FUN 380", it may be worth the drive to check us out. I'm offering 15% to all forum members for repairs to their Mercedes for the month of January and all the issues you want looked at we've done hundreds of times.
Dave
Autobahn Automotive
732-363-5552

wow, just realized this post started in august!
Dave,
that's great to know ! where abouts in NJ is ur shop at ?