View Single Post
Old 11-11-2001, 07:03 PM

Help, need a computer ex-spurt

Intersting I would see this thread at this time. I just had to make a bunch of option changes at mercedesshop due to the following problem:
When viewing a thread that I have a response to, my computer would begin downloading the thread. It would get close to having completed the entire download, although the blue bar at the bottom of my screen would only have moved less than 1/4 of the way. Then, where the symbol showing the 2 computers are, the "screens" on the computer would be showing no color. I take this to be some sort of "communication" taking place between my computer and my ISP. At any rate, after 5 seconds or so of showing no activity, my computer then loses it's connection to the net and I have to reconnect and start over, hitting the refresh button after logging on again. Not all posts or threads act this way, seems like it's more likely to happen the more I have contributed to a thread that I am trying to access.
The changes I have made, which seems to have helped, are as follows:
"Browse board with cookies" changed to no
"Show users signatures in their posts" changed to no
"Show users avatars in their posts" changed to no
Show image attachments and [img] code changed to no
and also changed "default posts per thread" to "show 5 posts per page"
Any thoughts? If my computer busticated or what? Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Gilly
"