View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 09:23 PM

about to make the guys at les schwab really not like me

okay. so its been about a month since i got my new wheels and tires. when i first had them put on they rubbed big time. they ordered the wrong offset (15). They then ordered a second pair and right before they put them on i had my new bilstein HDs installed. Now that the shocks are broken in, the tires are rubbing every once in a while. And when I have my 220 pound dad in the passenger seat its easy to make the fronts rub. The offset of the wheels I'm running right now is 35 and the tires are 215/50/17. Everyone says they should fit perfectly, but they dont. My suspension, besides the HD's, is totally stock. Its frustrating that there are guys on here that have my same set up and are lowered almost 2 inches with no issues. bla!

I looked into rolling my inner fenders but then discovered its actually rubbing on the very outer edge of my fender. You can actually see where it has scraped off the paint. So my only option besides "flaring" the fenders, which I'm definitely not doing is to go back and see if i could get some different wheels. I actually kinda feel bad at this point. This is the second set of wheels they have powder coated for me and now they are going to have to eat the price.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that if I go to a 40 or 45 (I dont even know if they have those for that wheel) it would probably take care of it. What do you guys think? Any other possible solutions?

Last edited by Brian Carlton; 01-14-2007 at 03:24 PM.