View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 03:12 PM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

A buddy of mine just bought a Sprinter van for his coffee roasting company. I drove it off the lot and it was amazing. I couldnt believe how easy it was to drive... it felt tall and huge sitting in it with the high roof line and all, but in reality it is probably the best handling cargo van on the market - easy to manuever, park, and drive. Mercedes definitely knows how to make vans.

Power is quite good- of course theres ample torque at all speeds with the diesel engine, and it can handle hills and highway spees with ease and it feels super solid. Definitely a quality commercial grade piece of engineening that has had alot of thought put into its design. I love the rear doors that swing all the way open, and lock up against the sides of the van with magnets, the roof height allows for a tall guy like me (6ft2") to walk through the cargo bay without straining, no-slip grip floor coating, etc..

The cabin of the van is super comfortable and is all mercedes... fit and finish, and features hark back to the build quality of the early 90's. The climate control features the REST mode for cold weather, and the transmission features the clutchless shift... I thought it was odd to offer the option on a cargo van, but it certainly adds to the uniqueness and provides a certain form of novelty entertainment.

Neat vans!

I am going to be ordering the Mercedes trim conversion kit and installing it within the next week or two.

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu