View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 02:49 PM

308 CDI 2.2 won't start - hot or cold

Hi all!
my Sprinter CDI 308 2.2 was running fine until one day I simply turn the key off. When tried to start it again just 10 seconds after this it couldn't start. I crank it til the battery went flat but no luck. After this someone gave me the idea of spaying some easy start into the air pipe and...miracle - it started straight away. I drove back home with no problems but as soon as I turned the key off and tried to start it, it would get going without easystart. I borrowed a carsoft interface to check the ECU and found out that there ware 5 errors stored on it. I erased them and tried to start it but the problem remained. Then a changed the fuel filter together with the water sensor (the one that goes underneath the filter), stack the pipe which feeds the filter in a bottle full of fuel (just in case there something wrong along the system from the tank to the filter) but the problem was still there. Then removed the plastic cover to expose the common rai, undid the pipe which feeds it, cranked the engine and found out that the pipe is bleeding. After that I undid each one of the 4 pipes feeding the injectors but found out that there is fuel there as well. The engine still sounds great but won't start without easystart. No errors are stored on the ECU neither. Have anyone had similar problem and do you guys have any suggestions of what could have caused it?