Thread: Winter Horror
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 PM

When I owned my trusty diesels, both Benz and a Peugeot, I found the local fuel distributors mixed the diesel before delivery. Ask the station what there mix is before diluting yourself. On the 240D there is a big fuse attached to the driver's side fire wall. It's a metal strip. I had trouble starting, removed and cleaned the connections and it fired up. This made a huge difference. I would also let the glow plugs cycle a few times before cranking her over. There's nothing like the sound of a diesel starting up in the morning. Also carry a long extension cord. You can always find a out let behind vending machines. On realy cold days skiing, I'd just leave the car running in the parking lot. I new it was OK when they would announce over the loud speaker my plate number to let me know my car was running. Also a spare battery in the trunk works in a pinch. On one desiel I had a 3 way boat switch hooked up to the spare batt. I could use both to start, charge both at the same time and run on one when I was going. This also worked well when parking and listening to the stereo for a while, you'll never be caught with a dead batt., just your pants down!